When it comes to choosing between certified translation services in Singapore, you will find that there are so many options available. You can easily get confused when choosing among these many translation companies. To assist you in your selection of the right translation service provider, here are some tips you might want to consider:
1. Certified translation services only certify the accuracy of the translated document while non-certified ones do not provide any guarantee on their work. Most often than not, they employ translators who are not qualified or whose ability is yet untested. However, certified translators usually charge more for their services compared to non-certified ones since they undergo regular training and evaluation of their skills by professional evaluators like government officials. Some language service providers may require their translators to take examinations and tests in order to be qualified and certified.
2. You may also check for a translation company’s license when you are choosing the right firm. Organizations that are licensed by the government have passed all requirements or criteria demanded by the government for carrying out business in Singapore. Translation agencies with licenses are usually preferred because they have proven track records both in providing quality services and offering reasonable rates. Some of them are even ISO-certified which means that they adhere to high international standards in every aspect of their work including customer service, management, technical support, financial accounting, confidentiality, competence among others.
3. Not only do highly skilled professionals work at reputable translation companies but these firms also have stringent hiring criteria and they only hire people who have studied and worked in the major fields of expertise. Before you can be employed as a translator, you must first have undergone extensive training and pass relevant examinations before you are qualified to become an official language service provider.
4. You might want to consider checking for reviews or testimonials from previous clients about the quality of services provided by a particular translation company before settling on it. By reading other users’ testimonies, you can find out more information about their experiences with a certain agency especially if they have been receiving services from them for a long time now. Also, make sure that your chosen agency is covered by insurance so that should anything happen to your document due to carelessness, documents loss or damage among others, you can easily replace them.
5. A highly-reputed language service provider should have a wide range of services to offer aside from just translation. They should also provide interpretation, editing, proofreading and other related services aside from the specific expertise that they are known for. Ensure that you take advantage of all these additional services so you can save more money in the long run instead of having to hire different agencies to handle your documents individually.
6. If you would like to choose certified translation services in Singapore, make sure that the language service provider, like Elite Asia, has ample experience in dealing with various fields of expertise because not all translators are well-versed with legal or financial translations for instance. Also insist on working with project managers who can oversee and deliver everything from beginning to the end.